Tuesday, March 13, 2012

PAINTING

I love to paint in acrylics. I believe we are all artists.

 I only paint images which come from deep inside my heart and soul,  each creation  an emotional expression.

One time, when I was filled with anger and frustration, I purchased 12 small canvases, and  a new set of primary colored acrylics. I spent the weekend painting swirling, unfolding circles.  Each was entirely unique.  In each painting, I evolved toward a feeling of balance.  If If it didn't feel balanced when I looked at it, I kept at it until I felt balance in the swirl.

Early in my adult life, I worked with inner city poor women, a reality which I was very close to being myself. I taught them how to paint from within and watched as their sense of self-worth improved while, at the same time, the interaction of colors on their canvases became less muddied.

 At the time I didn't know what I was doing.

Maybe I don't know what I am doing even now. Nevertheless, I encourage free form painting of images that come from heart and soul space.

The inner artist within each of us can paint,  unfolding images from within, onto a canvas.


Recently at the CC farmer's market we provided an artist's corner.

Kids of all ages came over to paint their hearts away.

Only in CC can you come and paint your feelings in acrylics on donated newsprint!









No comments:

Post a Comment