Sunday, October 14, 2012

ADVENTURE


I have come to the conclusion that happiness at this age depends more on stretching beyond defined limitations than on following all the directions for staying healthy - diet, exercise, meditation,  relaxation, stimulating the brain, whatever.

There was a documentary on PBS recently which reported kayaking as a stimulus to curing cancer. The premise was that the exhilaration of kayaking the rapids has healing potential.

 A friend of mine with spinal chord injury, drove all night through a snowstorm from Reno to Sacramento, missing her strict mediation times. She was deliriously happy about her success, and was none the worse for wear.

I have been wondering what I can do to be deliriously exhilarated - not to live longer - but to break free from this package called "getting older". I'm on a hunt for a newadventure, now that the bucket list is all checked off and I'm still alive and willing to thrive.

Squirrel eating stale bread on stump in the yard.



2 comments:

  1. I can identify, I don't know if it is the change in seasons or the fact that we just came off a long vacation, but I too am looking for the next big thing... feel kind of in limbo for now.

    Hi Judi, I found you as a featured writer - on Kathy Thompson's blog. Nice to meecha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I changed the title to Adventure because I have been informed that kahuna is street slang for something I do not mean or need!!

    ReplyDelete