Monday, November 13, 2017

NURTURING

Recently I had some exploratory surgery.
Relatively non-invasive, the most difficult part was stopping the anti-coagulation meds which are critical to my ongoing well being. 
I left in the morning and returned in the afternoon.
Hillary, aka Abi-Tail, never left my side for the next three days as I recuperated in bed.
She followed me to the kitchen.
She followed me to the bathroom.
She never left except to take care of her own needs.
On the fourth day, I went outside for a brief relief trip.
When I returned she was right there at the door and stayed with me again wherever I walked.
Finally, on the fifth day, I took my daily walk again. 
When I returned, she was sound asleep on my bed.
She remained sleeping through the whole day and even into the night.
My poor little woman cat was exhausted from being there for me.
I learned from her mindful nurturing that assuming a in assuming a caretaker role
one must also take care of one's own needs.
Now, a week later, Hillary has resumed her usual high maintenance presence.
I will remember to take care of myself so I can be there for her.
This is love.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment