Saturday, June 2, 2012

GLASSES

Growing old is fun. Going blind is not fun.

Noticing that my eyesight was waning rapidly and believing that any attempt at being able to see better was a futile expectation, I nevertheless set out to let the optometrist give it his best.

I was tired of the frames I now refer to as "goggles". Three years ago I thought they were frames that would let me look like a  "movie star"  with progressive lenses.

I had recently begun wearing a pair of glasses which were the previous prescription - could see great from the top, but the bifocal for reading was too weak.

The end result, leaving out the whole story which led to this, is lenses of the same prescription as the "goggles", in the frames of the previous prescription.

The problem had been that the lens prescription in the "goggles" was altered by the other additions and the glare proof screen was pearlizing. I was relieved that I am not as blind as those glasses led me to believe.

The perk was the "old" frames are top of the line flexible titanium. When this was noted, I remembered that I had put out that kind of money for frames I loved that would last a lifetime (so to speak) and somehow got lost in the desire to look like a movie star!

I am still visually challenged, but, gee, I actually can see with glasses again.





No comments:

Post a Comment