Thursday, May 31, 2012

ITALY

I sure am looking forward to going to Italy - the international conference, the archives, Florence and the rest of Tuscany.

I look forward to healing in the mineral springs and dancing in the same square in Assisi where St. Francis danced naked and was stoned.

A deep dread filled me this morning when it really struck me that I'm traveling alone - plans to have another colleague as a travel mate thwarted by her ill health.

I can do this.

My response is to anticipate the new friends I will meet on this journey and the many places I will see, of which I've only heard tell or seen in National Geographic or on Steve Reeves show.

I will soak up the cultural environment that inspired RobertoAssagioli to give form to psychosynthesis.

I will be inspired every moment of every day. I will be alive with beauty.



5 comments:

  1. And you will take beautiful photos so the rest of us can travel with you vicariously! I'm already looking forward to you sharing the experience. Thank you. ~T, 05-31-2012

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to Florence? Beata te! Malcolm Schosha

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are going to Florence? Beata te! Malcolm Schosha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't realize you had not already been to Italy and back. I travel alone frequently (trip this winter to Guadaloupe, a week in England before our son joined me). I do feel apprehensive before I leave but such travel is enjoyable, a true adventure. you can do it girl and have a good time to boot. Besides you meet more people. KATHY

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am looking forward to your photos and tales of adventure as well....

    ReplyDelete