Saturday, September 15, 2012

TOOTHBRUSH

The electric tooth brush - circular and swirly - got zapped by lightning.

The thing sat idle and disconnected for two weeks.

In the middle of the night, recently, it began its routine, waking the whole house - that would be me!

In order to turn it off, I had to bang the switch on the sink where the tootbrush was sitting as a reminder to be replaced.

It simply would not turn off.
I banged it on the sink. It stopped - in a few minutes began again.
I massaged the switch until it clicked off  - in a few minutes it began again.
I banged it and massaged it. I immersed it in water. I tried unsuccessfully to get the battery out.
Same result.

I dropped it off the porch onto the driveway below which didn't stop it at all.

Finally silent, I left it on the porch, ready to take down to the trash and then I turned in for the night.

This morning, opening the door to watch the sun rise, the electric toothbrush was buzzing away.

Some toothbrushes never die, hard as we try!

3 Apostles of the 12 placed in trios around the Basilica in Montreal, Canada

Sculptures 2012: Squarr Amand Steurs,
Brussels, Belgium



No comments:

Post a Comment