Sunday, April 8, 2012

RESURRECTION

I don't have much use for Easter today in the church. It's all about eternal life in and through this Jesus guy. Growing up in the high Scotch Presbyterian environment, Easter was a day of intense jubilation of resurrection. I do not ever recall focusing on the grandeur of the promise of eternal life, even though I am sure it was included.

What is this eternal life?  Becoming famous so you will always be remembered?  Some knowledge of the life after death that is in agreement with the notion of reincarnation?  Something got lost in the translation, for sure, even if I am a proponent of reincarnation.  The ancient bodhi tree, beginning in Nepal, snips of it repotted and transported to other parts of the world, and revered today for its lineage,  is an image worth considering. But, no sermon has come close to explaining the promise of eternal life applicably, from my perspective.

Now, I can understand having to  make a decision to painfully accept a reality in order to go on.
I can understand the healing process of totally letting go of any more expectations in order to move ahead dancing with joy in my heart.

The whole story of the journey to the cross, at the cross, the tomb, and the resurrection is what happens to us, if we will live the whole story.  It's at the "forgive them" part that I find the hardest. Yet, when it happens the pain becomes a healing time.

With that healing time comes new life possibility.  Yes, that is worth jubilant celebration.!



No comments:

Post a Comment