Saturday, August 25, 2012

PLAY

When we were kids on the corner of the street, We were rough and ready guys, but oh, how we could harmonize..."  Remember that song?  I was very young.

The song triggers good memories of childhood.

Before seven years old, I could walk to where  my cousins' lived. One time I walked there to watch them put on a show on their porch.

Not long after, we moved to Whitesboro.

Many girls and a couple of boys of the same age lived on the street of new homes.

 I have no memory of what inspired us, but our play together included many shows.

Each show had a humorous skit, learned at Girl Scout  or church camp, singing, dancing, and instrumentals, complete with costumes and props.

Mind you, we were nowhere near the teen age  - but, my how we would harmonize.

"Heart of my heart, our friends were dearer then, too bad we had to part..."

Taken by Jean Guenther, another version of this is the Logo for
 Psychosynthesis: the Heart of Systems Transformation
Burlington, VT, June 21-13, 2013.




No comments:

Post a Comment