Tuesday, August 21, 2012

STORMS

Thunder storms every day now are becoming a way of life for us in North Central Florida.

Last week, a storm came from the East, the thunderhead striking lightning like a mouthful of fangs, as it crossed the lake.

While sitting on the porch watching it, lightning struck the lawn not ten feet in front of me.

Today, while driving down Route 17 to home, the regular afternoon storm appeared ahead of me, behind me, and on both sides.  

As I drove into the storm, I was observing the formation of a funnel just ahead. 

Yes, I did ask myself why was I continuing to drive into this.

My meager answer was that the west wind was blowing too fast to let the funnel drop.

So on I went, deep into the storm center, listening to NPR as I crept on down the road, not knowing what to expect - nor really caring one way or another.

Then there was the dark and stormy night, recently, in Upstate New York, driving to and through Vermont to New Hampshire. 

The GPS was our faithful guide through the familiar unknown then, too.




No comments:

Post a Comment