Tuesday, July 17, 2012

CHAMELEON

I left my porch, went down stairs, got in my golf cart, and drove it into the shade

There I sat for a long time, watching the chameleons change color as they moved from the crepe myrtle to the green fence and back.



The sun was sparkling on the lake across the street, sparkles dancing to and fro on the slight breeze.

The weather right now is insufferably hot and humid, but the little breeze in a shady spot is refreshing enough for a relaxing sit.

Why did I leave my porch? I tore all the ligaments in my ankle area and have fractures in two or three places. The podiatrist gave me a cream for swelling and pain. It made me so sick, I wasn't sure I was going to live through it. So, I was sitting there in the shade in view of everyone in case I died. Silly? I didn't think so at the time.

Although I live the life I prefer, I am realizing that there are times at this end of life when being around people as a life style might not be preferable.

Co-housing? Certainly not an assisted living facility or going to live with a son.

A community of like souls? I will have to give it some thought.

In the meantime, no more stupid prescriptions for symptoms I already can manage with meditation and heat and cold.



No comments:

Post a Comment